Sydney Seafood School Terms and Conditions
PAYMENT AND ELIGIBILITY
- Bookings and full payment are required in advance.
- All adult classes are for persons 16 years and above, unless otherwise stated in the class description.
- In the case where children can attend an adult class, they must be 12 years old and above. Please note that any child under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All junior classes are for children aged between 7 and 15 years old.
- Pre-paid gift certificates are regarded as payment. Customers can book online using their gift card code at checkout. Please note that gift cards cannot be used to pay for private events.
- All gift certificates are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- All gift certificates are valid for 3 years.
- Sydney Seafood School utilises nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar, shellfish and other raw natural ingredients and wholefoods on its premises every day.
- Sydney Seafood School’s General Public Allergy Policy applies to all people entering the premises, whether they are attending a general Sydney Seafood School cooking class or a private event. Please see Sydney Seafood School’s General Public Allergy Policy website page for more information, and to fill in the indemnity form if required. This form must be completed prior to booking a class or private event.
- Sydney Seafood School reserves the right to refuse entry to a cooking class or a private event on the day (with no refund or class transfer available) if the student has a known allergy and has not informed the school prior to attending the class by filling in the indemnity form.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Classes run by Sydney Seafood School will start on time. Guests are advised to arrive on time for the beginning of the class. If a guest is late for a class, they assume responsibility for catching up with the rest of the class and minimising disruption to Sydney Seafood School instructors.
- Customers may not attend Sydney Seafood School if they have been ill within 48 hours of their class or event. Sydney Seafood School reserves the right to refuse entry to customers on the day of their class (with no refund or class transfer available) if a student is deemed unwell and there is risk of infecting others during the class.
- Classes are immersive and hands-on. Comfortable, close-toed shoes are required to complete the necessary activities during the class.
- Class menus may vary slightly depending on product availability, so as to ensure customers are served only the freshest produce.
- Sydney Seafood School classes may be recorded and this content may be used for promoting future classes on Sydney Seafood School’s online channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, on the Sydney Fish Market website, and in email communications.
- Sydney Seafood School reserves the right to refuse a guest entry to a class, or remove them during the class, if staff deems them to be intoxicated, or believes that they may cause harm to themselves or others.
- Sydney Seafood School and its staff are not liable for any damage or injury incurred by customers attending Sydney Seafood School. Guests agree to use reasonable caution and care for their own safety and the safety of others when using kitchen appliances and utensils, and when moving around the kitchen area.
- Sydney Seafood School accepts no responsibility for damage to or the loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during, or after a class or event. Items left behind will be held in Sydney Fish Market’s lost property for 3 months before being donated to charity.
- Individual guests and/or function organisers may be held financially responsible for damage to or loss of Sydney Seafood School property during the class or event. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors, or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person who made the class booking.
- Some classes may be recorded and part of the content may be used for promoting future classes on Sydney Seafood School online channels, including (but not restricted to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and both on our blog and newsletter.
- This website is operated by Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd. Please click here to view our website terms and conditions.
- Sydney Seafood School will send a class reminder emails 6 days prior to the class.
- Customers who request to re-book a class up to 72 hours before the event will be issued with a credit note (valid for 12 months).
- Re-booking/cancellation requests made between 72 and 24 hours before the class will be offered a partial refund of 50% of the ticket’s value in the form of a credit note valid for 12 months.
- Bookings will be forfeited if a customer does not attend the class or if the booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the class.
- If classes have not reached the minimum number of participants, Sydney Seafood School reserves the right to cancel the class up to 5 days prior to its date. Customers will be informed within 5 days of the class date and a credit note (valid for 12 months) will be issued to rebook a class at a later date.
- If a class is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, customers will be notified as soon as possible and a credit note (valid for 12 months) will be issued to rebook a class at a later date.
- Should Sydney Seafood School be unable to host your class or event due to circumstances beyond the control of Sydney Seafood School, Sydney Seafood School is not responsible for any costs, damages, or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
Sydney Seafood School is committed to providing customers with the safest possible environment and facility. Sydney Seafood School patrons agree to always adhere to the following COVID-19 directives whist within our facility.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons comply with Sydney Seafood School’s COVID Safe Management Plan. A copy of this plan is available upon request.
- All patrons must sign in via the Service NSW App QR code provided. Manual sign in capabilities will not be available for patrons who do not have access to a compatible digital device; therefore, it is the patron’s responsibility to ensure that someone in their booking group can sign in each visitor via the Service NSW App.
- Whilst within the Sydney Seafood School facility, patrons must follow the directions of staff with regard to social distancing and COVID-safe practices.
- Sydney Seafood School encourages patrons to wash their hands prior to entry. All patrons will also be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry, and to ensure that high standards of hand hygiene are maintained throughout patrons’ time in Sydney Seafood School’s facilities.
- Patrons may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the venue and may be temperature checked.
- Patrons who are unwell, or who have a high temperature, will not be able to attend the event, and a credit note (valid for 6 months) will be provided.
- Sydney Seafood School complies with all directives given by the NSW Government and NSW Health. Thus, any additional restrictions imposed between the time of booking and the beginning of a class will automatically become a condition of entry.
- Patrons who do not comply with COVID-safe protocol will be asked to leave the Sydney Seafood School premises immediately. In this case, no refund or credit note will be provided.
- A credit note (valid 12 months) will be provided to any customer who has developed COVID-19 symptoms, or who has been identified as a close or casual contact with a confirmed case prior to attending the class.
- Patrons acknowledge that while the Sydney Seafood School has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the facility safe, patrons enter the facility at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd regarding health outcomes.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW GUARANTEES
Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SURVEY COMPETITION
- Sydney Seafood School Survey Competition entry is open to anyone over the age of 18.
- To participate in this promotion and be eligible to win, entrants must attend a Sydney Seafood School cooking experience and complete a Sydney Seafood School customer experience survey.
- There is no entry fee involved in participating in this competition.
- The prize consists of a complimentary 3-hour Sydney Seafood School class for two (2) people, valued at $360 as of January 2022.
- Prize will be drawn at Sydney Fish Market, Bank Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009. First draw will occur on the 1st of March 2022, and the first business day of each month following, until the end of the promotion. The winner will be notified within seven days of each draw.
- Promoter is Sydney Fish Market, Bank Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009. Phone 02 9004 1100. ABN 24 064 254 306.
- An entry is not deemed to have been received unless recorded in Sydney Seafood School’s survey system.
- Sydney Fish Market accepts no responsibility for any entry not received by Sydney Fish Market or delays in the delivery of entries due to technical disruptions or for any other reason. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt, NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
- Sydney Fish Market reserves the right to keep all entries confidential.
- Employees of Sydney Fish Market and their families are not eligible to enter.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The redeeming of the prize is subject to the availability of places in the winner’s chosen Sydney Seafood School class.