Sydney Seafood School, located at Sydney Fish Market, offers private cooking classes as an excursion for secondary school students.
Change your classroom environment into a delicious hands-on cooking experience, where students are introduced to a variety of fresh Australian seafood and taught how to select, prepare and cook it.
It’s about a lot more than cooking though. As a team-building exercise, it gives students a chance to work together, allocating tasks, solving problems, drawing on each other's skills (and learning a few new ones), to produce the desired outcome: a delicious meal which everyone enjoys at the end of the class.
Cooking together can build a sense of team spirit and increase initiative and motivation – it’s also educational and fun!
- Plan an excursion with a difference
- No prior cooking experience is necessary
- We offer 2-hour, 3-hour, and all-day programs
- All classes include:
- a live cooking demonstration by one of our expert seafood demonstrators;
- a hands-on session where students work in teams of 4-6 to practise the skills demonstrated and recreate the dish(es);
- a sit down lunch (or dinner) where students enjoy the results of their efforts (beverages supplied);
- a recipe booklet for each student;
- a cotton Sydney Seafood School apron for each student;
- one copy of the Sydney Seafood Cookbook for your school library (RRP $49.95).
Let us help plan your next school excursion.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information.