OceanWatch Master Fisherman
Since 2013, the OceanWatch Master Fisherman Program has recognised over 140 New South Wales and South Australian professional fishermen for their individual commitment to responsible and sustainable best fishing practices and environmental stewardship.
Fishers participating in the program have successfully demonstrated knowledge to implement best practice related to various aspects of their operations including;
- Seafood quality assurance,
- Bycatch reduction devices and techniques,
- Fisheries management and regulatory awareness,
- Catch reporting documentation,
- Animal welfare awareness and threatened species management,
- Marine pest management,
- Environmental habitat and marine ecosystems,
- Pollution identification and management,
- Indigenous and cultural fishing awareness,
- Workplace health and safety culture.