Quality Assurance Assistant – Early Shift
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Assistant to join our busy market floor operations team. This role is a permanent early shift position operating Monday to Friday, 3am to 11am.
This is a hands-on role working across functions within the organisation and you will be passionate about continuous improvement and developing a strong quality culture. This multi-tasking role encompasses a variety of duties and responsibilities and is best suited to someone who is highly self-motivated and well organised.
Reporting to the Supply & Business Development Manager, key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring temperature and product quality prior to and during daily auctions. Ensuring the quality of product for sale is maintained to HACCP standards;
- Grading mud crab and lobster product quality in line with internal policies and procedures;
- Providing assistance during and post auction to buyers (e.g. re-sales and post-auction seizures) in line with internal policies and procedures;
- Sorting product as and when required;
- Monitoring and reporting any non-compliance of all aspects of the QHSE Management System and ensuring all legal and other government obligations are adhered to;
- Complying with the Company’s QHSE policies and programs. This includes, but is not limited to, reporting all accidents, incidents and safety hazards; minimising environmental impact when necessary; and ensuring work functions comply with food safety procedures;
- Delivering the highest level of customer service to visitors and internal and external customers.
This role may be physically demanding and includes working in cold environments, standing on concrete floors for long periods and walking on wet surfaces. It requires the use of appropriate personal protection equipment, and lifting and carrying of containers is a common activity.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Have reliable transport to and from work. Your own transport will be required as our facility is not easily accessible via public transport around this shift pattern;
- Be willing to develop a sound knowledge of fish species identification using AS 5300-2007, The Australian Fish Names Standard;
- Have good administrative and time management skills;
- Possess a good level of computer literacy;
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to work with people at all levels of ability, and from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Be able to work well under pressure, with proven efficiency and ability to plan work schedules and stick to deadlines.
Previous experience in the seafood industry, food manufacturing, food science or quality would be advantageous though not essential.
Benefits for Quality Assurance Assistant:
In return for your skills and experience our client offers a great working environment, scope for personal and professional development and full training.
- Opportunity to work with an iconic brand
- Full-time, permanent early shift position – Monday to Friday, 3am to 11am
- On-site car parking available
If you are reliable, a team player with a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn, we would like to hear from you.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and must include a cover letter with your resume stating why you want the job and the relevant skills you can offer.
To submit your application, please apply online via SEEK. Enquiries can be directed to Susan Robinson on 1300 019 651 or via email to email@example.com quoting Ref No: SFMQA1017
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5PM WEDNESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2017