We are currently seeking an Auctioneer to join our busy market floor operations team. This role is a full-time position operating Monday to Friday from 3.30am.
This role may be physically demanding and includes working in cold environments, standing on concrete floors for long periods and walking on wet surfaces. It requires the use of appropriate personal protection equipment and lifting and carrying of containers is a common activity.
Reporting to the Head Auctioneer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting auction sales using the Dutch Auction Clock sales system;
- Providing advice and assistance to buyers and adjudicating buyer disputes;
- Pre-auction inspections and grading of product in line with Company’s Quality Assurance and HACCP systems;
- Unpacking bulk bins and clearing the auction floor at the end of sales including storage and disposal of product, ensuring that machines and work areas are cleaned and sanitised;
- General administrative duties, scanning product at the scanning gate and data entry work as required.
Superior face-to-face presentation skills with the ability to build and maintain strong and ongoing relationships with stakeholders will be greatly valued. This multi-tasking role is best suited to someone who is highly self-motivated and a confident communicator.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- A practical working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in assessing seafood quality;
- A sound knowledge of fish species identification using AS 5300-2007, The Australian Fish Names Standard;
- Great customer service skills and the ability to work autonomously and calmly under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Outstanding problem-solving and dispute resolution skills;
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills;
- Good keyboard and computer skills;
- Willingness to assist other team members.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Reliable transport to and from work. Your own transport will be required as our facility is not easily accessible via public transport around this shift pattern.
A current Forklift Drivers Licence is desirable.
This position is advertised on SEEK. To submit your application, please apply online via SEEK or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref No: SFMAU15217
Enquiries can be directed to Susan Robinson on 1300 019 651
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and must include a cover letter with your resume stating why you want the position and the relevant skills you can offer.