- Join a small, experienced and supportive QHSE team
- Full-time, permanent position
We are currently seeking a QHSE Officer to co-ordinate the ongoing development and implementation of the QHSE management system and to provide advice and assistance across the operation.
This is a hands-on role working across functions within the business and you will be passionate about continuous improvement and developing a strong QHSE culture. The role of the QHSE Officer is to promote positive WHSE practices, prevent environmental harm; and to protect the health, safety and welfare of employees and customers.
Reporting to the QHSE Systems Manager, key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise, training and practical assistance regarding QHSE compliance and obligations;
- Applying effective monitoring, control, verification and review of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) work practices and systems;
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing quality processes for control of documents, records and data including maintaining both soft and hard QMS files;
- Acting as a committee member and technical advisor on the Quality, Safety and Environment Committees;
- Applying and promoting positive Workplace Health, Safety & Environmental (WHSE) practices, Australian and ISO Standards across all work areas;
- Assessment, identification, investigation, monitoring and tracking of accidents, injuries, hazards and impacts ensuring follow up and rectification;
- Undertaking QHSE audits and inspections in line with the internal audit program and preparing audit report summaries;
- Delivering the highest level of customer service to visitors and internal and external customers.
Selection Criteria for Successful Candidate
- Minimum Cert IV in WHS/Environmental Management and/or minimum of 5 years’ experience in QHSE;
- Experience in the development and maintenance of QHSE systems (ISO 22000, AS4801, ISO 14001);
- Experience in and knowledge of the interpretation and application of quality, health, safety and environmental legislation/statutory requirements;
- Experience carrying out QHSE audits;
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to work with people at all levels of ability, and from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Demonstrate good judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Lead auditor qualifications in QHSE;
- Previous experience in the seafood industry, food manufacturing, food science or quality;
- Experience writing and implementing HSE policies and procedures;
In return for your skills and experience we offer a great working environment, scope for personal and professional development and full training.
If you are reliable, a team player with a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn, we would like to hear from you.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and must include a cover letter with your resume stating why you want the job and the relevant skills you can offer.
To submit your application, please apply online via SEEK. Enquiries can be directed to Susan Robinson on 1300 019 651 or via email to email@example.com quoting Ref No: QHSE090118
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 January 2018